GeoVision updates GeoVision 8.5.6 system
GeoVision recently announced updates for some of its most popular surveillance equipment. Some of the changes reflect the company’s dedication to fixing common problems, and others mark advancing technology in the security industry. Users can receive the updates by downloading the new software from the internet.
GeoVision 8.5.6 was one of the company’s systems that received updates and changes. Version 8.5.6 includes software for remove viewing, multiviewing, IP devices, Skype video capabilities, hardwire drivers, video codecs, activeX installers and IP camera installers.
Updates to the technology include:
- The ability to support AVP functions without using a USB Dongle
- A minimum duration function that supports advanced motion detection
- New PIP/PAP functions in the panorama view setting
- Added ability to support GV-SDI-204 with GV- 5016, -4008, -1480B, -1240B, and -1120B combo cards
- 32kHz audio support for a range of systems, including GV-NVR and GV-5016, -4008, -4008A, 0900A, -800B, -650B, -600B, -1480A, -1480B, -1240A, -1120A and -1120B
- Support for PTZ control and life view display on Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Android, iPhone and iPad
- Up to 10 full screen video displays that allow the user to monitor remotely
- New connectivity for single camera tracking
- Updates to fix problems associated with finishing compacting videos and displaying analog camera views without IP camera devices being enabled
- Installation of an audio settings page that was missing from the V8.5.4 to 8.5.5 upgrade
- Compatibility with Mobotix IP cameras with a new standard codec
- Improved ability to record more than one video file for day-night motion detector recording
GeoVision is one of the top providers of security camera technology, and with the new improvements, will be able to remain at the helm of the industry.