QNAP TR-004-US 4-bay USB 3.0 RAID Expansion Enclosure
The TR-004 USB 3.0 RAID expansion enclosure allows you to expand the capacity of your QNAP NAS and PC. The TR-004 can also be utilized as a DAS (Direct-attached Storage) device, allowing you to directly access its content just by connecting it via USB. The TR-004 features four 3.5-inch SATA drive bays with multiple RAID configuration options and USB 3.0 Type-C connectivity to bring you a highly reliable and secure storage capacity expansion solution.
The TR-004 is an ideal storage expansion solution for PCs, especially for laptops which lack the ability to install larger, higher-capacity drives. Featuring four 3.5-inch SATA drive bays and supporting RAID configuration, the TR-004 provides the ability to store a vast number of files and data and to ensure protection against potential drive failure.
The TR-004 supports a variety of RAID configurations. Depending on your requirements, you can switch between hardware- or software-controlled RAID modes. Move the DIP switches to corresponding positions for your ideal RAID mode: Individual, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1/10 or RAID 5. You can also configure the RAID settings from your QNAP NAS, or by using the QNAP External RAID Manager utility on your computer.
- USB 3.0 Type-C port for faster data transfer.
- Supports up to four SATA drives for reliable read and write performance
- Disk mode DIP switch to change from Hardware Control and Software Control configurations for setting RAID group.
- Lockable hard drive trays to prevent accidental drive removal.
- Eject button for disconnecting the TR-004 from a NAS or computer*.
*Requires the QNAP External RAID Manager utility.
- Instantly back up files from the TR-004 to the NAS using the One Touch Copy button**.
**Requires a QNAP NAS with a one touch copy button when in external drive mode. This feature will be supported in 2019 Q2.