IP Camera Systems
IP security camera systems are the highest performing video surveillance systems available today. High definition security cameras are more popular now than ever before because of the demand for high performing, high resolution video. Video performance can be measured by a number of things but in surveillance there are two factors which receive the most attention. Resolution and frame rate are typically looked at before any other specifications.
IP Security Camera Systems provide superior quality and resolution. If you are buying a brand new system and you would like to stay at the edge of technology, IP camera systems are the way to go. We provide an all-in-one package that will provide the cameras, NVR, and ethernet cables!
Why Choose IP Security Camera Systems Over HD-CCTV (HD-TVI) Camera Systems?
IP Security Camera Systems have been around since 2008. IP Security Systems consist of Network Video Recoder (NVR) for storage and Network Security Cameras (AKA: IP Security Cameras). These systems work on ethernet cable. This technology allows you to give IP address to every IP security camera and make them accessible by any device in your network.
What are The IP Camera Advantages and Disadvantages?
There are pros and cons to using these camera systems.
Pros Of IP Security Camera Systems:
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE) compliant. Power Over Ethernet allows you to provide power through ethernet cable so you don't have to have power supply or run a power adapter to the camera. All our NVRs in our pre-designed security camera systems support PoE.
- Highest resolution in video surveillance industry. HD-CCTV is currently upgraded to 8 Megapixel (4K) resolution but still not close to max resolution of IP Security camera systems which can go as high as 50 Megapixel.
- Ethernet Based Technology. These days every company have network infrastructure and most IT Executives and System Administrators prefer everything to be addressable and accessible in their network. With HD-CCTV systems, you would only have the IP address of the recorder. All the HD-CCTV security cameras would be accessed through DVR.
Cons Of IP Security Camera Systems:
- IP Security Systems are More expensive Compared to HD-CCTV Systems. You can get a similar security system with almost all the bells and whistles except the advantages above. If you do not need resolutions higher than 8 Megapixel, HD-CCTV security camera systems will provide pretty much the same thing at about 40-50% less price.
- More complicated compared to HD-CCTV Systems if you don't have IT background or IT personnel. IP security systems require network configuration for each camera and you need to use more software tools to configure all the new IP security cameras.
- Not Compliant with Old Analog CCTV Security Systems If you have an existing system that uses Coax cable and old CCTV security cameras. IP Security Systems are not compliant with those systems. You will have to install new ethernet cable.