Seagate ST2000LM015 BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD
The Serial ATA interface provides several advantages over the traditional (parallel) ATA interface. The primary advantages include:
- Easy installation and configuration with true plug-and-play connectivity. It is not necessary to set any jumpers or other configuration options.
- Thinner and more flexible cabling for improved enclosure airflow and ease of installation.
- Scalability to higher performance levels.
In addition, Serial ATA makes the transition from parallel ATA easy by providing legacy software support. Serial ATA was designed to allow users to install a Serial ATA host adapter and Serial ATA disk drive in the current system and expect all of the existing applications to work as normal. The Serial ATA interface connects each disk drive in a point-to-point configuration with the Serial ATA host adapter. There is no master/slave relationship with Serial ATA devices like there is with parallel ATA. If two drives are attached on one Serial ATA host adapter, the host operating system views the two devices as if they were both “masters” on two separate ports. This essentially means both drives behave as if they are Device 0 (master) devices.
- 1000 Gs non-operating shock and 400 Gs of operating shock.
- 128MB buffer.
- 5400-RPM spindle speed.
- Full-track multiple-sector transfer capability without local processor intervention.
- High instantaneous (burst) data-transfer rates (up to 6Gb/s).
- MTC TechnologyTM, proprietary data flow management
- Native Command Queuing (NCQ) with command ordering.
- Perpendicular recording technology.
- Quiet operation. Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) motor.
- SeaToolsTM diagnostic software performs a drive self-test that eliminates unnecessary drive returns.
- State-of-the-art cache and on-the-fly error-correction algorithms.
- Support for Read Multiple and Write Multiple commands.
- Support for S.M.A.R.T. drive monitoring and reporting.
- Worldwide Name (WWN) capability uniquely identifies the drive.
Hard Drives (HDD)